Thursday, March 27, 2014

A Responsible Steve Harvey


The nice thing about telling myself that I have to write a new blog at least once a week is that I tend to do a few more things during the week/weekend then I use to do. I’ve always been one to try and seize the day a bit but whereas I use to be in a situation and think that maybe I would, maybe I wouldn’t…now I think, it would be better for the blog if I just did it. So yeah, this blog has taken over my life and has now become the devil sitting on my shoulder…but it has also served as the angel too.

If you look back through our blogs you’ll read some of mine that are all about going out, partying and overall making some terrible decisions, but you’ll also read a lot of my blogs where I’m talking about how awesome the kids on my bus are and the things that I’ve tried to have them create for me and my attempt at just getting them to enjoy their childhood and live each moment to its fullest.

So I think that I have a pretty balanced life. There’s definitely quite a bit of craziness in it, but I have been forced into many responsible roles as well and I also enjoy those too. I’d like to just think that when given an opportunity to do something different, or something creative that I certainly take the opportunity to do it.

Which brings me to one of the main thing I wanted to blog about this week…

I would first like to apologize to anyone who received a bunch of texts from me featuring pictures of Steve Harvey. I blame a friend of mine who brought this little gimmick to my attention:

 
I obviously didn’t find anything too odd about the random pictures of Mr. Harvey, especially coming from this buddy of mine, he’s a bit off but I think that’s probably why we’re such good friends…really, he’s more like a brother than a friend! But after a while I got a notification from twitter saying that I had been mentioned in a tweet. After a little research I found this:


I quickly started to follow “A Responsible Man” and pretty soon my whole time line was filled with retweets of the conversations others were having doing this same thing. Most of the time I would have just thought it was kind of funny and then moved on with my life…but I thought to myself, I wonder how many people I can get with this, and also…that may make for a good blog!

So I started texting people. Some were probably like me with my friend and didn’t think anything of it coming from me and after several texts, they still didn’t mention anything. I have to tell you, trying to get a reaction from people by doing something like this and not getting any return is very disheartening…but then something magical happened:

Josh’s Conversation





















By the end of this conversation I was feeling pretty bad…yet couldn’t stop laughing, and showing people. But then I woke up the next morning and just continued doing the same thing. Here’s the conversation I had with another one of my friends who I was going to go have dinner with and see their baby:

Kristen’s Conversation


 
 
 
So now I no longer have any friends…which is something I find myself ending these blogs with more and more often…I guess I’ll always have Steve Harvey.










No comments:

Post a Comment