Tuesday, September 10, 2013

#

#hashtags#Ijusthasthtaggedahashtag#doesthatwork
#wasn’tthissymbolcalleda#numbersignonce#ohwait#itsapoundsign
#saywhat#omg#Imissed#whenthistookover
#hashtagisusedforeverthing#insteadofsaying“goingtothemall”#mallfun#shopping#jealouslife

Is it just me, or is that really hard to read? I will try English for a bit. I looked up “hashtag” on Wikipedia and discovered that the first use of the term "hash tag" was in a blog post by Stowe Boyd, “Hash Tags = Twitter Groupings,” on August 26, 2007. (1) So, I have Stowe Boyd to thank for this new phenomenon. I wonder if he is on Twitter…then I could hashtag him into a conversation.

Maybe if I understood what the point was, I would enjoy it a little bit more. They’re even hashtagging on SportsCenter now. #Icantwin. They want us to vote on Twitter for our favorite plays by hashtagging the player’s name. #Peterson#AP#ALLDAY#BEASTMODE.

In three years, this is how we will vote. #republicanpresident #democraticpresident. Is this how Obama Care was passed? Maybe I need to pay more attention. #politics

I guess they haven’t made a movie about it yet, so I have that going for me. They’ve made plenty of horror movies involving all other forms of communication.
Phone calls: One Missed Call or Scary Movie. “What’s your favorite scary movie, Cindy?”
Text messages: Text. “Death by Instagram”…just kidding – Never actually seen the movie.
There was even a horror movie about the CB radio, Joy Ride. “Come in, Candy Cane.”
I can just see the # movie coming…and when it does, I may just lose it.

Well, football is on and this blog isn’t going as well as I would like, so I’m out of here. #goodnight#mnf#worktomorrow#alsdjfasl#thisisradical#penis#thesweetlife#haha#LOL#asl#yessir#Thankyou

Thanks for your time. Follow us @BDandLL. If you like this blog, hashtag #hashtag.

PS: Jay, let’s totally write the #movie#hashtag.

Sources:
1. Wikipedia
2. Facebook News Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment