Wednesday, July 16, 2014

KRJM Radio Show

A brand new blog from our newest contributor and soon to be co-host of our newest venture, Kurt Philion! Here's a little break down of what to expect and what we're working on, you'll notice we don't really have a title for the show yet and that's where we may need your help! I've been trying to convince him that we need to keep it Banana Daiquiris & Life Lessons but he's a little worried about the alcoholic reference in the title. I kind of like, "BDandLL presents, The Happy Hour" but if you or your company want to be a major sponsor of the broadcast we could go with something like, "FRANK's WEINERS presents: BDandLL's Happy Hour" So give this a read, then shoot us some title ideas! You can post on here, on Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere! Just let us know what your ideas are and we'll try and come up with the best one! Thanks all, now enjoy the newest post!

As an avid reader of what they call “Banana Daiquiris & Life Lessons” on that thing they call the internet, I have decided it’s about time for me to test my writing (or in this case, typing) skills.  Never was I much of an English connoisseur back in high school, nor was I in college either but I know a thing or two about how to talk so this can’t be much different, right?  So I’ve been told.  People tend to be poised in telling me that it will be fun and entertaining if I’d just try it out!  Kind of like swimming for this guy … it doesn’t come naturally at all.  You should see me trying to swim; entertainment for all ages when I plop myself into a pool in attempts to fend for my life; also known as “swimming”.


A little bit about me:

I’m 5’7.78” tall with not much hair (by choice), not sure of my actual hair color, we’ll go with brownish-tan.  Eyes are hazel which is like a sprinkle of blue/brown/tan with green outer lying a black pupil.  I kick with my left leg, throw with my right arm and if you saw my writing on paper you’d think I stick a pen in my mouth, bite down and swivel my head back and forth in attempts to actually display something you can consider English language.  I am now also new to wearing jewelry, sporting a 400 carrot gold ring on my left ring finger (go figure…it’s called a “ring finger”).  Actually there are no carrots or real gold…just pure love on that baby!  After reading that last line I bet you’re thinking “MAN I could go for some CARROTS right about now!  I LOVE them!” 

I don’t smoke, I can barely swim and I only chew my food to help extract all of the valuable nutrients it provides for my body.  It [body] has been through a lot in its time, but for being older than eighteen and younger than ninety, he’s holding up pretty well.  Did I use those brackets right or no?  Oh well, I told you I’m not very good at English. 

 

Interesting fact:  English was first hour my senior year and of the fifty minutes we were in class each day, I was awake for three of those minutes (The first minute to sit in my seat, the second minute to get comfortable in the seat and find something soft to put my fore head on, then fall asleep. The final minute… when a classmate would wake me up saying “Hey, the bell’s gonna ring soon!”) 

 

Just like clock work! 

 

Ahh, the joy’s of high school.  It was so exhilarating that I could barely contain myself.  Or stay awake for that matter.

Alright, now that you know every little detail about me --- mainly the ones that don’t matter and really aren’t that important --- it’s time to get to the point of this blog. 

 

Blog (bläg):  noun
A personal website or web page on which an individual records opinions, links to other sites, etc. on a regular basis.

Okie doke?  Okay then.

 

This has been a lot of work thus far, not going to lie.  Thinking … it sucks!

I’m so used to just thinking on the fly, not typing things out and just letting it roll off the tongue and into a microphone that transmits the sounds of my vocal cords to a computer, into an antenna and out to a big tower out by Bear Park … yeah, that’s us!  I’m getting off track again.  Oh sweet look, a unicorn! 

 

Let’s go for a journey down a road you’ve never been on before.  A blog you’ve never read before because it’s one that you would not read, but hear.  Technically there are no roads either.  I fooled you! 

To put it in better terms, I’m saying we will hear the beat of a different drum….On your ear drums. 

 

 

I’ve been friends with Jason – you know the guy that’s always posting about BDandLL (tweet ‘em:  @bdandll) for a long time.  What a mess!  How would you like to have a conversation with someone who keeps putting random things into a sentence then getting so off track you don’t even know if he can swim or not. 

 

On track and staying on track!

 

Jason and I met up a couple weeks ago to visit about doing a radio show pertaining to everyone’s favorite blog:  Banana Daiquiris & Life Lessons
The exact blog you are reading right now!  How cool is that?  I come up with ideas sometimes just off of what people tell me would be cool.  A radio show with not only one of my good friends and high school classmates, but also thee most famous BDandLL contributors, Jason Brumwell as a co-host.   Seriously, who wouldn’t want to hear Jason on the radio?  When we tell Jason he has twenty minutes to utilize on the air, he goes twenty-five.  He’s all about giving 110% all of the time!  If I’d tell him to jump, what do you think he’d say??  That’s right, he wouldn’t say a word, he would just laugh!
Conversation with laughter, some life lessons and maybe even a daiquiris.  

 

Some questions you may have are, what station is this going to be on?  Will I be in an area where I can actually listen to it?  What day/night would it air?  How long is Jason’s hair in centimeters?  Do they actually allow Jason on the radio for more than twenty (five) minutes?  Could you step on that spider for me?  What will these guys actually talk about?  I wonder what Jason looks like when he’s on the radio…

All of these questions can be answered very easily.  It would air on Gold 101.5 FM KRJM out of Mahnomen, MN.  Wednesday evenings at a time TBD.  For all of you techie people you know what that means, for you non-techsters TBD=To Be Determined.  The tower is located in Bear Park, MN – a suburb of Gary, MN.  The radius of reach is anywhere from 65-80 miles depending on the atmosphere.  But what doesn’t matter on the atmosphere, is we are LIVE twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week online at www.krjmradio.com & on the Tune In App for your smart phone so you can listen anywhere you have internet or wi-fi capabilities!  Cooooooollll! 
We usually don’t allow men like Jason on the air waves as there is an organization known as the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) who keep people like him away from microphones that tend to broadcast a long ways, BUT, I represented him as his agent to negotiate a contract with very, very specific details and big words I can’t even type they’re so confusing.  I’m in radio, not some English major, come on!  Give me a break!  We would talk about all kinds of life lessons and several topics that you read about right here on BDandLL.  Basically, a blog come to life in words across a radio station!  Muahahahaha! 
You’re wondering what Jason looks like on the air?  Well, let me just put it this way … picture a daddy bear in a baseball cap, frolicking through the woods, smiling and making friends one step at a time.  Delightful, isn’t it?  Yeah, now you’re starting to think this could be….. no, no… WILL BE…thee greatest radio program to hit the air waves since, like, what ever else you thought was the best thing to hit the air waves last.  THAT good!  So there you go, now let me get that spider for you…

 

Lastly, in order to make this radio production take off, we need the assistance of some businesses/organizations or individuals.  The way a radio station operates to get programming on the air is through sponsorship.  Without them, we wouldn’t be in existence and that’s a fact, Jack!  Jason has the details on how you can get your business on the show to make this LIVE radio blog get its start! 
Just when you thought breaking 10,000+ hits and views here would make Jason and the crew rich and famous … now they want to take it to the next level.  I’m here to assist if you or anyone else you know of would be willing to do the same. 



I never did answer the question of how long Jason’s hair is in centimeters on this blog … we’re saving that for the debut of “ ….. <Insert name of our radio show here>”!


Official program details will start to leak out once the sponsors start rolling in. 

 

Now it’s time for me to leak out, before I freak out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment