Wednesday, May 23, 2012


Facebook (FB for the finance majors)
As my other colleagues have stated, it is a great website to keep in touch with friends, family, and the celebrities that you are stalking. I would go into the positives, but the other bloggers took care of that for me. So I will tackle the negatives and the ones that just annoy me.
UPDATES
Who doesn’t want to know what is going on with everyone every minute of the day? How great one’s relationship is one minute and how it ended the next?  The love that someone has for another and then the pure hatred for them the next second? These constant updates are made possible via Facebook’s stalker feed and by whiny people everywhere, who have no life…or should I say, people who think they have the greatest life ever that everyone on Earth wants to hear about it every second of every day... Oh, and gotta love updates on what others are cooking, what they’re eating, or how they’re processing it!
PICTURES
The greatest part of Facebook is the pictures. We can see what people are wearing out and about that night, watch the progression of people getting drunk….drunker………and drunkest. (More to come on this topic.) We can see what people are eating, where they are eating, and how much they ate. We also get to see peoples’ new outfits, which usually come about by them snapping a picture of themselves in the bathroom mirror. For the lady, it’s usually something revealing and she’s waiting for loads of comments. For the man, well, it’s the same. Turns out Facebook is a great way to sell sex and food…which brings me back to college. I graduated with a four year degree in Business and had to take many courses in marketing. I spent a lot of money just to learn the simple truth that sex and food sell.  Damn you, Facebook – If only I would have spent more time on you, I would have saved tons of money. 
Perhaps I should separate my friends into groups – close friends, family, old friends, people I don’t talk to, pregnant people, people I drink with, and people I would just feel bad for deleting. That way, when I log in, I don’t have to see all of these updates from people that I really don’t wanna hear from. You see that your news feed is full of nothing but nonsense, and then you realize that all of the updates are from the same person…  “Love falling asleep to the rain,” “How could he say that?” Statuses with music lyrics…and some more music lyrics, “OH, how I love him/her,” “How I hate him/her,” more music lyrics, “I am going to sleep,” “Today was the worst day ever” (with an obvious undertone of a desperate search for pity), and finally, more music lyrics. 
Having a baby is a beautiful thing and it truly is a miracle every time. With that being said, pictures of baby bumps, ultra-sounds, and naked babies should be kept within the family.  A stranger does not need to see the status of your baby from ultra-sound to birth. I’m surprised I haven’t seen pictures of the crowning and after-birth yet. Maybe that’s coming soon. Perhaps I should start a new trend…mmm, warm after-birth…
By the way…
Two Months
Four Months


Six Months
Nine Months


I’m drunk...And by “months,” I mean beers.


1 comment: