Friday, April 6, 2012

The Voice...mine.

It has recently been brought to my attention that I may talk too much...especially in interviews.

Earlier this week, my friend Kurt Philion came to my house to interview myself, my brother, and our friend David about a charity event we host every year to raise funds for cancer research and before we got started there was a lot of chatter going on about how Kurt didn't really need to be in the room, he would just introduce me then take off for an hour or so. We all had a good laugh and then it came time to do the interview. We had set it up so that I would talk a bit first and then hand the mic over to my brother to handle some more particulars about the tournament in general and then Dave would do a separate interview about his experience with cancer, as this year he is celebrating ten years of being cancer free!!!

So there. We had a plan.

Kurt introduces me and immediately I mention that apparently I talk too much in interviews so I'll try to do a better job with this one...then I talk for about 15 minutes straight.

I finally make my exit and get the microphone turned over to my brother, who sums up everything about the tournament very nicely and then says that he's sure that I'll want to talk some more so he hands the mic back to me...and I have more to say, as expected.

When we finish, it turns out that our interview, which is about twenty minutes, will be scaled down to 15 minutes of air time, but the full interview will be available as a web cast on their web site www.krjmradio.com after the interview airs on Wednesday, April 11th at 5:45 central. Leave it to me to take up the entire interview plus some!

Dave's interview was fantastic. I'm not going to talk a lot about it because I respect the hell out of that guy and you should just tune in to listen to it on Wednesday, April 18th at 5:45 pm on 101.5 or 106.5 FM.

I will talk a little about Dave in general though...since I like the sound of me slapping the keys too!

I think that a lot of people think Dave is a bit crazy, or at least over the top a lot of the time. I myself often spend days or weeks tracking down his clothes after he leaves town, but Dave knows what a lot of us seem to forget, that our time here isn't as long as we perhaps may like. We are literally all on borrowed time, you never know what tomorrow will bring. So in my opinion we should all have those nights where our buddies have to spend a week tracking down our clothes, or at least spend some nights getting a little crazy. We shouldn't be afraid to live the life we've been given, it certainly is a gift and I don't know about you but I enjoy the hell out of gifts!

A lot of people will be spending the holiday here with family and friends, lord knows thats not always an easy thing to get through! But certainly take the time, religious or not, to live in the moment with the ones you love...or tolerate.

Today was "Good Friday," and I ate meat. Later, many bad things happened. Fact.

I'll have to wait until next year to redeem myself I guess, but fishing was slow this year and I really like turkey...turkey counts right?

Happy Easter! (and Twins Opener...maybe they'll get the home opener at least...because I'll be there...perhaps looking for my clothes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment