Tuesday, April 7, 2020

"Well, fuck...idk."

Well. This is certainly fucked up. 


I think we’re all about done with life lessons right now. We’re not cuz of nature. But personally, I’m sure we’re all pretty much done. I’m not good at false hope. I was trained in science after all. I don’t even have my usual sarcastic wit to hit you all with, it feels pretty flat lately. 


It’s all pretty visceral. Pretty real. Pretty shitty. So if I’m not good at hope. Here are some things I want.

  1. Fuck your political party. And fuck you if you think that your political party identifies you or identifies with you. On the former, it should not, on the later, it doesn’t: the men, women, and everything beyond & between, don’t give a flying fuck about you. They are after power and we must treat them as such. Say their names. Clinton. Trump. Obama. Bush. Reagan. Carter. If that list is black & white, right & wrong, good & evil.. then the political game has been won. By them. You lost. 
  2. Stop believing in conspiracy theories, pseudo science, unverifiable “evidence” and arguments. It’s true, facts don’t care about your feelings but where are you getting your facts? From a news agency that tells you the comfortable things you wanna hear that align with your already held beliefs? In fact, science hates facts - I still got some ironic humor eh? “Laws” and “facts” are tentatively held theories until they are proven otherwise. BUT THIS DOESN’T MEAN THEY ARE JUST THEORIES. They are our best translation of the truth - nature - and if you wanna knock a theory, you gotta show it. Newton was right until Einstein and then mostly still right - 318 years later. You got the goods for that playing field? Then STFU.
  3. I love you. I seriously do. It’s true, I don’t like most people. But loving and liking are two completely different things to anyone who's lived through their teens and twenties. I wanna give the youth some credit, but some of you were out licking door knobs on spring break in Miami during this shit show, so I am not sorry and you’re wrong about so many things. I’m especially talking to you, 22 year old me.
  4. I have every belief that we’re gonna get through this. But this one is gonna hurt. And my Hope - yes, hope - is that business won’t be as usual. You wanna live in a democracy? Then be a god damn citizen. Jury duty sucks. Voting sucks. Taking time to figure out the issues, read things, find credible information, all sucks. We’re spoiled, our parents were spoiled, their parents were probably spoiled. We all got the U.S. in the life lottery. Good for us. None of us have had to do much for it. In fact, we don’t like the idea of community or civic responsibility. Voting is the easiest damn thing there is compared to serving in the armed forces, being a refugee, a prisoner of war or politics, but most of us can’t be bothered with it. You wanna get out of jury duty cuz it sucks? Then don’t live here. You don’t wanna pay taxes? Then don’t live here. You don’t like how tax dollars are spent? Do your research AND GO FUCKING VOTE. Democracy is only as good as it’s populace. And we suck.
  5. This is scary. If it’s not scary, you don’t have the current figures. You haven’t listened to doctors. And I’m struggling. But I also know that we can’t live in fear. That fear is the biggest thing to fear. Talk to your friends. Talk to your family members. All from a responsible social-distance. Find those things that connect you. The things that matter. Don’t be afraid to be real with them, don’t be afraid to share your feelings. Don’t be afraid. Time is a construct and even then, we never have any of it anyway.
  6. I love you.



Goodnight. 
~Mikey

No comments:

Post a Comment